Monday, February 27, 2006

Tap dancing

The Lake District may have a reputation for rain but it's not living up to it this year. It's may be a blessing for visitors but it's a worry for farmers, kayakers and the water companies.

I can only think of two ways I can do my bit to help improve the situation, one involves a hip shake movement in which the waist and ass is twisted loosely and quickly, the other involves water butts, hippos, and tapmagic. Now the washingqueen has hips better suited to the former so I have been concentrating my efforts on more practical matters of water conservation.

Today I have not been rain dancing but tap dancing, installing little adaptors from tapmagic that convert a standard tap to a spray tap, restricting the flow by as much as 50% at low flow volumes so stopping little boys from wasting so much water when they brush their teeth, wash their hands or just leave the tap running to empty the hot water tank.

These things were great; just a few quid each, a minute to install and instant water savings. My action men helped with the installation and loved the result... taps that made water like showers. I thought the washingqueen would flip when she discovered I'd restricted the water flow but no! She loved the soft little showery flow. What a result. It almost had me shaking my hips and twisting my ass to find a change welcomed by the planet, the boys and the washingqueen.

No comments: